Saturday, January 19, 2013

Creating my daybook...


     At the beginning of the semester, I wondered what this class would be about.  I walked in on the first day not knowing anybody, and scared of what to think of the class.  After seeing the syllabus, I realized it was going to be a lot of work and I was worried because of the fact that all my other classes are major classes.  So far the workload is difficult, but I'm trying to manage.  I also had an extremely easy English 1101 class.  All we had to do what write 3 major papers and do some journal entries and that was it for the semester.  On the first day of class, Lacy told us we had to purchase a composition book in order to use for a "daybook" for daily writing.  I went to Walmart that day and bought the last composition notebook they had (luckily they had one).

     Anyway, continuing on with my story, I got back to my dorm room and planned out how I wanted my daybook to look, and I also chose to do it before class so that I could spend as much time on it that I wanted to.  I decided I wanted a picture of my family, some pictures of my amazing and beautiful girlfriend, and some other emblems and logos that I thought best represented me.  So I began by printing out all the pictures and cutting out the right size black construction paper to fit on the front of the book.  Then, I pasted all the pictures where I wanted and pasted the construction paper to the front of my daybook.

     Now it was time for the back of the daybook.  I didn't have anymore full sheets of construction paper, just scraps.  So I came up with a way to cut construction paper scraps in squares and paste it to a sheet to make a collage of colors.  Then I put the pictures on and pasted it to the back of the book.  I then labeled my daybook to make it unique and put packing tape over top to seal it.  This was the hardest part by far.

     Finally!  I was done with my daybook.  It was unique and fit my personality perfectly!  It took a lot of effort and a few hours, but I was very happy with the product.  Throughout the semester, I will get to use this book to paste items that matter to me and items that I do in class into this book.  I will also be able to put my string in my book for easy access so I can play string games and finally, I will put my "writing into the day's" into this book.  I am excited to see how the semester will play out and how I will be able to use my newly created daybook.  The end :)

3 comments:

  1. I had Lacy for the first semester and I thought that the class was pretty easy. It was structured very close to this semester, but it made you think without slamming you with all of the work. I like how you decorated your daybook except for the giants logo. I guess we will have to work around that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiiiiice daybook! It shows a lot of your interests. I also had what seems to be easier English 1101 class and this class does seem like it offers a workload. WE'LL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER! I look forward to working with you this semester Thomas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had Lacy first semester and I know it looks like a lot of work, but it really isn't so bad. Lacy keeps her assignments fresh and interesting. I really am enjoying looking at everyone's daybooks. There were so many possibilities with how we could have decorated them, it's fun to see which things people selected to put on theirs.

    ReplyDelete