Friday, April 5, 2013

Mini Project #2: Photo Essay


     At the end of my first mini project, I proceeded to say that college readiness is dependent on the individual (refer to Mini Project #1: Kinetic Text).  For my second mini project, I wanted to go more in depth on the idea of individual college readiness and success, so I created a photo essay of my life specifically.  This was just as hard if not harder to make than the Kinetic text from last week, since I added just as much animation to it.  This project took me literally all week to do, but I am very happy with the results and I hope you all enjoy as well.  Again I apologize for the sound quality, picture quality, and slowness of the video.  It looks and sounds good on powerpoint, but when transferred into a video, it ends up taking a turn for the worst. I compared my ideals with the academic source I found and there was many similarities.  In the article, it says, "Acknowledging that to thrive in today's economy requires more than a High School diploma."  I knew this, and that's why I have worked as hard as I have to get where I am today.  The article also talked about how schools now have new policies used to prepare and test for college readiness.  As a senior, I was forced to take the work keys exam.  Another thing that just came into effect this year is that it is now required for Juniors to take the ACT.  Along with the article, I also had tons of help and support along the way.  Without further ado, here is my mini project #2!!! I hope you all enjoy and I will see you in class on Monday!

Source:
McAlister, Sara, Pascale Mevs, and University Annenberg Institute for School Reform at Brown. "College Readiness: A Guide To The Field." Annenberg Institute For School Reform At Brown University (2012): ERIC. Web. 25 Mar. 2013.

4 comments:

  1. You mini project turned out really good! I liked how you started out from the time you were born until you graduated high school. It is a good example of your college readiness process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the individual ending of the video how you take letters out of the word and use it as names. This looks really good. Good use of sources. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you went with making a video. I want to make one, but I am horrible with this kind of stuff. So from this video I see that getting good grades, joining clubs and such, and applying for scholarships are all important to you for the college readiness process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also did a photo essay, but i did it for the first mini project. Yours came out a lot better than mine and i liked how you did it. I also did not know that you can embed youtube videos into the blog. but anyways, i like the direction that you are taking this project and it is intersting to see how the project is developing over the few weeks.

    ReplyDelete