Sunday, March 24, 2013

Meeting with High School students...


     This week in English class we got to meet high school students for Forestview High School in Gastonia.  This had to have been one of my favorite classes yet, and I ended up having a lot of fun.  I was nervous about meeting with the students at first but I got over it quickly.  They asked me a lot of questions about college and I was able to answer a lot of questions that weren't answered for me when I was in their position.  I felt like it was a great opportunity to share my experiences in college so far and my opinion on certain things, such as taking no 8am classes!  The six high school students in my group were really fun and very easy to get along with.  I was almost sad to have to leave at the end of the period.  The meeting made me think about a lot of things.  It made me think about me in high school and how my life has completely changed since last year at this time.  I never thought my life would change this much and I never thought I would be where I am today.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite class as well! I loved my group they were very easy to interact with! I do agree as well that a lot has changed since when I was a senior and it's amazing how day by day it feels like nothing changes but when you look back at the big picture everything is a lot different than what we thought! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this was a really interesting class. You're right, so much has changed in just one year. High school to college is such a huge transition. This is why I liked meeting up with them, so we could talk about our experiences and opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids that i was able to work with were really fun and loved to talk. This was good becuase i was afraid that i was going to be sitting there and have nothing to talk about. They remind me a lot of myself a year ago and it was an interesting experience working with them.

    ReplyDelete